Saturday, April 16, 2005

Music in Front of me, Bells beside Me

You wouldn't believe this, so let me try to explain and hope that by immersing myself in the computer I can block it all OUT. The bells next door are ringing for Mass. That's fine, nice sound, although loud. At the corner, the street is blocked off for an 18 year old birthday party. Popular music is blasting, and a young friend said, oh, wait until the DISCO arrives! (It is 6 pm, this has been going since about 2 pm.) Thanks be, the Music Lovers in back have been fairly quiet lately, but the single lady who lives in a one room little place across the side street opens her shutters and sets her boombox on HIGH. Then there is the hammering on the roof where workers are installing a larger water tank for the priest's house. And a mysterious heavy thumping that I can't identify. The electrician has arrived to fix some of our electric problems and he, too is thumping, bumping and hammering. Now I hear drums rat tat tatting. No, I am not making this up. Now I hear water splashing in the patio. That is serious because unchecked water use will run us out of it.

I checked on it- the electrician did something while installing a new pump for the water to move it from cistern to roof. Remember the pump that burned out a day or so ago? Now aren't you sorry you haven't read my blog faithfully?

Catch you later,

From the Missionary Grump in Mexico

A lot of folks are loving it, sitting happily in front of the church listening to the "music". I guess I just a philistine. May have to spend the night in a hotel.