Heads up!
OK Folks, are you getting bored with checking in and not finding Brand New Tidbits from the Missionary Front lines? Welllll...When NO ONE leaves even the teensiest tiniest comment I get terminally depressed about writing more. Although really interesting things happen almost every day. Just to show you I'm not REALLY mad, and only a LITTLE depressed, here's a description of my two most interesting patients at the hospital on a recent day:
The New Parent:
I knocked and was invited to enter a small private room. As usual I went near the bed to meet the patient and inquire what brought them to the hospital. In the bed was a young adult man, complete with moustache. As I moved closer to try to figure what his trouble might be, I noticed a possible explanation: nestled under his right arm was what looked like a newborn baby. Hmmmm. This is one for the medical records.
Turns out his wife, standing nearby, had delivered 20 days before and brought the baby to cheer him up as he recuperated from a broken leg- traffic mishap.
A Fall for an Elderly Man:
This ward room was full of family members, trying to spoon purple jello into a very elderly man with a large bandage on his head. Turns out he was their father, 92 years old, and had had a bad fall. The doctors had to operate on his head. When I inquired how he had come to fall, his daughter explained, clearly still exasperated with Dad: "He fell off his horse!"
OK, folks, your turn.


<< Home