Friday, April 28, 2006

Penny Pinching Tricks

Missionaries are the Big experts on making every penny work overtime. When I discovered I couldn't buy those little square boxes of Kleenex here, (they only stock the mentholated ones. ugh)and on the rare occasion they turn up they're overpriced, I studied the situation, and figured out they just take the same pile of tissues from a regular box & fold them in half. So: TA DA...I pried open the one, very pretty square box I had, pried open a regular box, and refilled the handy square one. Close flaps with scotch tape and all is well.

I can keep this up until the box disintegrates. This is probably in the same category with another miserly trick that used to drive my fastidious daughter nuts: opening up used envelopes, refolding them inside out, and using them to send letters. I don't do that much anymore. No one sends real letters.