Thursday, July 21, 2005

Gaily Traveling

Ayy! I think I've grown out of the gypsy itchy foot love of travel. In less than two days we head North, via cab, two buses, plane and car. Plus wrangling with Aeromexico about our return flight being cancelled. Is this supposed to be fun? Ah, I remember now, this comes under the heading of 'missionary hardships". This and the thriving bug population here, and the Music Lovers. Aside from that, life here is more and more interesting

Looks like we'll get an office in the 400 year old building that houses diocesan offices and lots of interesting folks we interact with often. It is totally gorgeous, and even has lingering architectural echoes of the Moorish influence in Spain, which arrived here with the Spanish. Every view is satisfying, with repeating arches and soaring lines in the rooves and ceilings. All newly painted. There is also a workshop that is restoring the old, old art work. Our office will overlook the lovely little park and nearby coffee shop. (We know our priorities.)

Trusting in the prayers of the more sensible and stable, we remain,
Your traveling missionaries