A Romantic Interlude
HA! I bet I got your attention with THAT title! Actually we had a fun time last night at the Parque Espana where we go for exercise and some social stuff. The Senior outfit there held a sort of social, dance event last night. Cards were exchanged, music from the 50's and 60's played. Lots of women danced, and one man, who was in his 80's.
As we started to circulate to say goodnight, the organizer, Marcela,insisted that Dick sing a "romantic song". Well, my life-long marriage partner couldn't think of any "romantic song", so I suggested he sing the old English folksong he was singing when I heard him singing in the moonlight, and wandered over to see who was singing my favorite song,50 years ago.
So I got everyone's attention, then told the story, hamming it up for all it was worth, then he strolled over and sang the song. They responded, enthusiastically chanting, "Beso! Beso!" So we had a little smooch, and exited to appreciative applause.
And today I celebrate my 69th birthday.
Interesting footnote: Most of my adult life,on my birthday especially,I would always write or call my Mom, to express my love and appreciation for her. It seemed more HER day than mine, actually.
Well, yesterday, I was just messing around on the computer, and suddenly felt her presence, very close, very palpable. I didn't realize, until later in the evening that she was honoring our old custom of connecting on my birthday! A lovely moment. (She died over 7 years ago.)
You can now add your comments to my blog. Have at it, folks!


<< Home