Friday, February 02, 2007

Work, Work, Work!

I either have to find some work, or go back to the kitchen. (Been there, ...)Well, as I began to seriously consider applying to the large city hospital where I did some training, one of the offspring suggested the same thing. Aha! a sign! So I called the head of Pastoral Care there, and sure enough, she is looking for a few more On-call chaplains. The application is in the mail.

She was surprised to hear they had NOT been calling us to interpret over there, when they have lots of Spanish-speaking patients. So later in the day, sure 'nuff, a message on the voice mail asking if I can interpret at 7:00 am next Thursday. You bet, I'll be there!

Meanwhile, shopping is sort of working, isn't it? So a fruitful day at the Goodwill produced two charming, matching wash-stand tables in dark, reddish wood. (Real wood.)There are carved towel racks on the sides, and a lower shelf to hold the pitcher of water. A little drawer for your soap. They looked banged up, but I used scratch cover & now they look like new.

We are also slowly getting the equipment we need for the Deacon to make DVD's of the MANY songs he has written. Found a digital camera today that will record straight onto a DVD. The guy gave it to us for 1/3 off. Meanwhile, RDM continues with his classes & private voice lesson at the U. His prof. likes his music,too.