A JOB!
Hey hey! Tomorrow I start working two days a week at a small family-owned Catholic hospital downtown. My title is "Pastoral Counselor" since "chaplain" refers only to priests in this country. But I'll have my official ID, and unfetterred entry to all parts of the hospital. It's a foot in the door and don't ask how much I'm getting paid. ("Paid" may be an inaccurate euphemism.) Today my blue and white business cards are delivered (gothic print) and they also say Pastoral Counselor, with all the other degrees and titles I could cram on. I considered calling myself "The Listener" which pretty much describes what I do, but decided to go with the bishop's preference instead.
PS: Do you think my diploma from the Paris Chamber of Commerce in Business French has any relevance down here? As one of my granddaughters said so delicately, when going through the terrible twos: "I don tink so!" (sic)
If you read this, leave a comment. It's hard to keep writing if I don't think anyone is reading.


<< Home