Just Another Pretty Face in a Macho World
Those with more than a passing acquaintance with me know I've never wasted much time whining about "Women's Rights" or crying for extra privileges because I'm a woman. Nah. Too busy raising 5 kids, lving a missionary life, keeping up the dancing and teaching while learning other skills like Infant nutrition, psychoprophylactixis for childbirth, organic gardening, cooking, homemaking and basic medical care, candle & soap making, a near degree in French, a degree in psychology, a diploma in gestalt psychotherapy and an MA in Pastoral Ministry and certification as a hospital chaplain. No time for whining.
NOW I find myself at a strange crossroads: if I want to continue at the side of my husband of 50 years, my companion in service, mission and fun, then I face endless hours smiling sweetly as I listen to long talks, religious services etc. With no way to make any contribution whatsoever except to stand and wave when introduced as "the permanent deacon's wife." It doesn't quite sound like me, does it?
So I'm looking into other options. Stay tuned.


<< Home