Update on Plans
Well, I've written the doctor who invited me to work as a chaplain in the 140 bed regional hospital. It's one of the best in this area and about 10 minutes by freeway from our house. (Had to e mail him, after the computer started working again. Phone connection wouldn't go through.)
I expect to have another interview and a tour of the facilities and hopefully sit down and work out a schedule. This is fine with the bishop who wants to have some ministry going there since the new administration is more open to it. He was concerned about how tired I get on the Pastoral Visits, and Dick explained it was because it was a lot of sitting through religious doings with little or nothing to DO. That, he understood perfectly.
Dick had a lot of quality time with the bishop on this clergy retreat, riding to and from, evening strolls praying the Rosary together, other nice moments. Stay tuned. More to come on this saga!


<< Home